On April 28, on the eve of the celebration of the Victory Day of the Soviet people in the Great Patriotic War, an exhibition «Veterans Speak» opens in the Sakhalin Regional Museum.
The exhibition will feature recollections of veterans participants of the Great Patriotic War on the Western fronts and home front:
- Honorary citizen of the Sakhalin region Aseev Nikolay Ivanovich,
- Honorary citizen of Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk Moura Antonina Vasilyevna,
- Honorary citizen of Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk Yakovlev Mikhail Efimovich,
- Honorary citizen of the city of Kholmsk Gureev Nikolai Fedorovich,
- Valiullina Gabbas Valiullovich,
- Vostorgov Boris Vasilyevich,
- Gonchar Anastasia Yegorovna,
- Zhuravlev Ivan Grigorievich,
- Pyatnitskaya Lydia Alekseevna,
- Sokolova Anna Fyodorovna,
- Shilov Alexander Vladimirovich.
Invaluable written recollections collected at different times by the Museums researcher, Nadezhda Andreevna Glushkova, contain vivid episodes revealing the military reality, the life of soldiers and the hard work of the home front workers, genuine patriotism, love for the Motherland, real emotions and feelings.
Despite the hard labour, injuries and losses that our veterans had to endure, they were and still are very kind and bright people, great optimists, trying to live their lives honestly and in good faith. The life of veterans is an example to us, their descendants. They know best how to appreciate the peace time in which we live and love our Motherland.
The exhibition is supplemented with original items used during the Great Patriotic War from the collections of the Sakhalin Regional Museum and personal collections of war veterans.
At the ceremonial opening of the exhibition on April 28 at 3:00 p.m. welcome addresses will be delivered by the invited guests of honor veterans of the war A. V. Murai and M. B. Nesterenko.
We invite all residents and guests of the island region to visit the Sakhalin Regional Museum and the exhibition «Veterans Speak».
Tuesday: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm.
Wednesday: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm.
Thursday: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm.
Friday: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm.
Saturday: 10:00 am to 8:00 pm.
Sunday: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm.
The last ticket each day is issued 30 minutes prior to closing.
The Museum is closed on Monday
Our address: 29, Kommunistichesky Avenue
For information, call: 72Ц75Ц55.
Prepared by: N.A. Glushkova, Museum Researcher